What is the service?
Our Adult Community Nursing team provides 24-hour community nursing to:
- Patients registered with a Wakefield GP, either in the patient’s home, at their GP practice or care home
- Temporary residents within the district
Transient traveller populations who may require care during their stay.
The service provides individual, tailored care to the patient, involving their carer and referring to other healthcare teams if necessary.
The Community Nursing team also works with other health and social care staff to:
- Provide safe and effective professional nursing care in any setting
- Reduce unnecessary hospital, residential and nursing home admissions, support early hospital discharge and keep people in their own homes as long as possible
- Work with other professionals, patients and their carers to provide consistent care
- Encourage patients to be as independent as possible
Provide advice and recommend additional healthcare services to patients, family, carers and colleagues.