Please click on the links below for information on our Radiology Department:
Radiology is a medical specialty that uses a range of imaging technologies to diagnose and treat conditions within the human body.
We provide a wide range of services for patients including:
- General radiography
- Interventional and special procedures
- DXA scanning
- CT scanning
- MRI scanning
- Angiography and specialist procedures.
Radiology facilities at Mid Yorkshire are provided from our three main hospital sites: Pinderfields Hospital, Dewsbury and District Hospital and Pontefract Hospital.
Our staff are highly trained professionals who are specialists in Radiology services. The team includes:
- Radiographers who take x-rays and scans of the body
- Advanced Practitioners within the Radiology department
- Consultant Radiographer who leads on radiographer 'plain film' reporting
- Assistant Practitioners who are able to take some x-ray examinations
- Helpers who assist the Radiographer and Radiologists in procedures
- Specially trained Nurses who assist the Radiologists during procedures
- A team of Secretaries and Clerks who support the department in the numerous clerical tasks that have to be undertaken
- Consultant Radiologists who have specialist training, enabling them to interpret x-ray images and to carry out procedures.
Normally you will be referred to us by your GP or a Specialist Doctor in the hospital.
To contact the Radiology department please call 0844 8118110.