Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), including Otorhinolaryngology/Head and neck surgery
Please click on the links below for information on our Ear, Nose and Throat services:
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) services look at conditions of the ears, nose and throat, including:
- Chronic middle ear disease
- Acute and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
- Tonsillitis and Pharyngitis
- Bell's Palsy
- Salivary gland problems
- Head and neck cancers
- Benign voice problems
- Children’s ENT conditions
- Surgical thyroid disease.
The ENT team works closely with the Audiology Department to look after patients who have hearing or balance problems.
As well as general ENT surgery for adults and children, we also provide a wide variety of specialist clinics, including:
- Child deafness
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Rhinology (nose conditions)
- Head and neck cancer follow-up
- ENT acute clinics.
Our ENT services are provided from:
- Dewsbury and District Hospital – Blue desk, General Outpatients
- Pinderfields Hospital – Floor C, Gate 46
- Pontefract Hospital – Floor B
- Dewsbury and District Hospital – ENT clinics are held on Friday mornings, Tuesday afternoons and alternate Friday afternoons. Wednesday all day.
- Pinderfields Hospital – ENT clinics are held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and Monday and Thursday afternoons.
- Pontefract Hospital – ENT clinics are held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
To contact the ENT Department, please call:
Tel: 01924 541000
To contact the Audiology department, Pinderfields Hospital, please call:
Tel: 01924 541520.
The Warblers/Laryngectomy and Head and Neck Cancer Support Group is open to anyone affected by head and neck cancer including carers, spouses, relatives and friends.
The meetings take place monthly on every third Friday morning, from 10am to 12pm at Pinderfields Hospital.
People newly diagnosed with head and neck cancer and their family and friends are welcome to attend group meetings and meet patients who understand how they are feeling, having been through the same experience themselves. If you feel unsure about attending a group meeting so early in your diagnosis, you may wish for a patient with a similar problem to yourself to contact you by telephone. They will be able to offer support and information about your condition, diagnosis and forthcoming treatment plans.
For further information please contact Helen Chadwick, Macmillan Head and Neck Nurse, on 01924 542250 or Lisa Ross, Macmillan Head and Neck Cancer Specialist Sister, on 01924 542556.